Monday, April 4, 2011

Checkerboard Surprise Cake




This is usually called the checkerboard cake but every time I make one of these no one expects what awaits them inside so now I call it my checkerboard surprise cake! Kids LOVE it!

This is a hand made cake (no store bought) so it is a little higher in price because there is a lot more time that goes into it.

It is an icing cake in the picture which is $50

With Fondant: $60

It only comes in both vanilla and chocolate which make up the checkerboard... I have not found a way around that yet but once I do I will post it and let you all know, but for now its just those two flavors.

I can do this cake in any colors!

The Sparkles are hard to see on the cake but in real life the cake sparkles more then a diamond does! Its really cool!


Let me know what you need

Thanks
Melissa

funwithfancyflour@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't know if you use box cake mixes for this type of cake but if you do...they have the strawberry flavor/color kind too! As well as the "funfett". So there are 2 other flavors :) Or..if it's cake made from scratch you can have food coloring to make it different colors and they also have special flavoring oil (my parents use it with homemade ice cream)--peppermint oil, cinnamon, etc. if you want, try that!! There are TONS of flavors but it can get pricey for the stuff..

    ReplyDelete